Saturday, November 14, 2015

Stress

Stress on the family can be detrimental or strengthening. It all depends on how you handle it. So many things can happen on a day to day basis that can cause stress on the family. It is so important to remember that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. If you can persevere through your crises and trials, you will be better prepared prepared for the future trials that are sure to put a wrench in your life. Whether it be the loss of a loved one, illness, divorce, financial problems, or a wayward family member; if you have a famliy built on a strong foundation, you will make it through.

When I was 3, my parents felt they had to get a divorce. Being so young, I don't remember it or the implications or trials that came directly after but it is a trial that continues to pester my family to this day nearly 20 years later. Whether or not the divorce was necessary, is not relevant to my point. What is relevant is that every member of our family has had some form of success. Of course we have had our hiccups; but overall, every one of us has become stronger and happier in the end despite the divorce. My mom found a man that she married who suits her much better. She is happy. My Dad also found a woman (after a couple other tries) that is also perfect for him. All of my siblings are leading successful lives whether it be through attending school, starting a family, being strong in the church, or being an extremely hard and dedicated worker. I personally have overcome (but still have some room for improvement) my fears of marriage. After seeing so many fail, and feeling the repercussions as the child, I quite honestly was terrified to get married. I was able to overcome that fear and am very happy in my marriage.

Every challenge can be overcome if you rely on God and each other. Build up your families now and forever make sure you all have strong relationships with each other so that when the trials come, you can over come them and let the trial strengthen you.

No comments:

Post a Comment